Blue Book Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wanderer.

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Wanderer. Empty The Wanderer.

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:31 am

Yeorl brushed a branch off of his brow with a grunt,

"Poor child, just a sappling." Yeorl thought to himself as he gently placed the branch by the side of the road.

"Hopefully you bring others new life. For that is lifes cycle come full." Yeorl muttered quietly as he proceeded to trudge on.
It was raining buckets, and gusting a storm.
Had Yeorl lived in another time he'd realise he was caught in the middle of a Hurricane, he'd also realise that that is not the type of place one would
would want to be.
Of course not much got to the better of Yeorl, he was a man on a mission. A Man on many a mission, if he had time to stop.. Well he wouldn't.
"Who is that? Who are yee lad?! Be you freind or be you Foe? For if it is combat you want, I will bring you only death and woe!"
Yeorl shouted in a interogating voice that could barely be heard over the thundering rain of the dry plains, yet he had a feeling it reached the perseptive ears of the stranger through the gale.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Gold Gold : 450

Character sheet
Level: 2
Next Level:
The Wanderer. Left_bar_bleue102/300The Wanderer. Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)
Morality: Neutral

Back to top Go down

The Wanderer. Empty Re: The Wanderer.

Post  Caleb Ilano Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:43 am

Caleb was stumbling through the gale and gusts when he saw before him, a ways off, a large intimidatingly strong looking barbarian. He heard a roar of challenge and stopped in his tracks.

-"I a- Caleb I-an- I'- -o- here -- fight you!" Sadly the wind took with it some of his words. He turned to see if he could find shelter and saw a large group of ruffians approaching form the east.
-"I see ba-d--s! Wa-ch out!"

Caleb just hoped that the man got the message.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Gold Gold : 600

Character sheet
Level: 4
Next Level:
The Wanderer. Left_bar_bleue21/100The Wanderer. Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)
Morality: Hero

http://bluebookchronicles.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 am

"Ah, tis a shame. So be it then lets 'ave at it!" Yeorl roared as he swung his Axe from his back and charged towards his newly found adversary.
"For my sacrifise and Sins forgive me Gaia for I live to spread your seed and keep your grace, bless my Blade and the arm that strikes with it. Pity my enemies, yet let them know fear." Prayed Yeorl as he ran into a sprint towards his Target.
Apon gaining 25 yards he could make out the shape of Six men moving in fast from the distance through the constant hail of rain.
"Could this be more then it seems? Or an ambush?" Thought Yeorl as he slowed his pace to a trot.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:56 am

-"WAIT!!"
Caleb jumped out of the large man's way while simultaneously drawing his blade. He landed and held it across his core as a defensive stance, he held up his left hand in a halt sign.
This guy obviously doesn't understand me through this wind.
Caleb, instead of holding his blade defensively, lay it down on the ground, and stood at ease.He was less a fighter and more an honourable man of peace.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 am

Yeorl quickly halted his charge and swung his Axe into a defensive position,
"So he be a freind after all, I hope I didn't scare the poor fellow too much." Yeorl thought to himself with more then a little hint of guilt.
"Halt your money or your life!" The first of the approaching figures shouted as he drew his dagger, a quick glance could see that the man was holding it wrong and was obviously of a poorer quality of men most likely driven to a life of crime. Yet content with it.
"Ah, so it looks like there will be some fighting afterall. Freind." Yeorl said calmly to the lonely traveler who apon his first glance had seen a foe, but now saw an ally.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 am

Caleb looked into the man's eyes and saw no hostility now, and almost as if he could read minds, Caleb nodded.
-"Let's do this".
Caleb knelt down and picked up his sword, jumped up beside the large newfound ally, and held a sentinel's stance, waiting for the proverbial silence to be broken.
One of the armed men charged forth with an out of place shout.
-"You got no chance against me! coz I'm actually four blokes!"
And as if it was rehearsed, three more men jumped out from cover and took swings at the pair.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 am

Yeorl quickly threw his axe up in parry of overhand blow brought down apon him by the Bandit to his right who then staggered back a few paces giving Yeorl an opening to take a footing advantage.
"Good to ave' ye by my side lad!" Yeorl shouted heartily as he swung his axe in a wide 180 degree's arc slicing his assailant in half where he stood.
"Oh bloody ell' that bastard cut Jeremiah in bleeding alf'!" Spat out the third man over who stepped in to take the torsos place on Yeorls left flank.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:49 am

-"Glad to be of help!"Caleb yelled in return as one brigand jumped at him.

Now, Caleb isn't a very gruesome fighter, but this just happened.

Caleb held out his rapier as a threat more than a counter, but the man still rammed himself into it, and got his skull stuck on his rapier.
"JIM'NY CRIK'TS!" one man yelled in fear as he discovered that he was almost on his own. Caleb promptly removed his sword from the man's, cranium, and ran it through the next man who was distracted by the big man's large stature.

"Oh please don't hurt me!" The lone survivor screamed. "It's not me fault that I'm a bandit, it's just that, when I was young I was but a wee orphan and had to steal all my food and it taught me skills and it's just that it was a good idea at the time and-"
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:59 am

"Yeah, Yeah we don't need your life story." Yeorl said as he ripped the mans hood off and wiped the blood off his Axe with it.
"You'l let me live?" The Bandit questioned innocently with a wet spot clearly sprouting around his crotch.
"Yes, if ye' tell me where ye' ail' from." Yeorl replied gently throwing the bloodied cloth back in the mans face, as he placed his Battle Axe back in its resting place.
"I make me home in the small town of Belhurst just up this way it is, with the Sherrif gone there ain't no one about to stop us from robbin' folks who come round ere'."The Bandit replied in agitation eager to be out of this life or death situation.
"That'l do knave, that'l do." Yeorl replied as he pointed the direction in which he wanted the young vagrant to run. He happily oblidged.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:06 pm

-"So, I hope that means were-"
-"AHAH, you there! You have no chance against me alone!"
-"He's not alone, I'm here with him." Caleb said as he stepped out from behind the large man.
-"Oh bloody hell! are ye having a parade back there? Coz if ye are, just come out all at once, I don't got all day."
"No, it's just us. Now, would you like to surrender?"
"PAH, over my dead body! I'm Muriance, and I got THIS." He shouted as he pulled a contraption from his coat pocket. Muriance did something to it that released a puff of smoke, and something hit Caleb's newfound friend.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:58 pm

"Oof." Yeorl said as a metal shell pinged off of his grand steel shoulder pad.
"Boy what luck." Yeorl quick swung his axe from over his shoulder and charged at the new foe.
Yeorl took a massive swing throwing a wide arc but the new foe, "Muriance" nimbly jumped back.
"Ah blast it!" Yeorl roared in annoyance at the man's superior speed.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Caleb watched as Muriance raised his contraption again, but Caleb ducked in time to not get hit, by whatever it was. Caleb jumped up to his foe and took a stab at him, hitting him but still somehow not killing him. Caleb jumped back and took a defensive stance.
"Will you just die?"
Muriance raised his weapon again and fired it, it hit Caleb square in the chest and knocked him down and out.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:19 pm

"Bloody ell'!" Yeorl cried as he saw his new found freind hit the ground hard.
Yeorl quickly stepped imbetween the man and his fallen comrade.
"Muahaha fear the wrath of Muriance!" Muriance cried in triumph, as he once again raised his metal contraption to get another shot at the Hulking giant.
"I fear nothing." Yeorl retorted as he molk swung his axe tricking the man into back stepping while he quickly brought down the butt of his axe into the mans face knocking him to the ground.
"Yet you, you should fear me!" Yeorl cried as he brought down his axe once more into the back of the man killing him instantly.
"God's forgive me" Yeorl mouthed with quiet guilt.

Yeorl began to gently shake the stranger who had helped him through this perilous yet slightly confusing ordeal.
"Kind sir, kind sir! Are you alright?" Yeorl asked as he attempted to pull the man to his feet.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Caleb awoke, and everything was fuzzy, he coughed up blood and removed his chest piece. He utterly felt like garbage, and he was bleeding from his chest wound.
-"I think I'll make it, thank you for showing, compassion for me."
Caleb looked at the man in the armour.
-"I'm Caleb Ilano, nice to meet somebody like you." He said as he held out his hand fell unconscious shortly there after.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeorl gently placed his arms under the man and lifted him up.
"Heh, light like a child. Alright Freind I will show you the hospitality of the North." Yeorl thought to himself as he walked off towards a cave he saw in the distance with the unconcious Caleb in his Arms.
"I hope someone cleans this up before a child stumbles apon it.." Yeorl muttered under his breath as he let himself take one final glance at the carnage he had just taken part in.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Caleb awoke in a groggy pained state, it seems that he awoke in a cave and has been patched up by the big man who's name he still has yet to know.
He looked around him, finding nothing but darkness, he never did like being alone in the dark, so he cast an illumination spell around him. Showing the big man in a corner.
-"I have to thank you for your help kind sir, but I still would like your name."
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:45 pm

"Aye, you would. I'm sorry for almost assaulting you. I wish we'd met under bettter circumstances but you may call me Yeorl, Yeorl Oakenleaf. It is fortunate that I caught up to you otherwise we each would've had to face those fools alone, of course I'm sure either of us could've handled them." Yeorl said smiling as he handed Caleb a roll of bread.
"Eat up Freind, I just wish I knew what was in this ere' cave.." Yeorl said almost simultaneously as a loud noise erupted from deep within.
"Just our luck.." Yeorl laughed as he cautiously drew his axe and stepped infront of Caleb in a defensive stance.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Caleb looked over, or rather under Yeorl and saw what looked to be a large breed of canine. It looked like a large wolf except for the brutality in it's eyes; it looked not hungry nor vicious, but almost as if it was angry. It unleashed a great howl as is a great command, rubble fell from the ceiling, responding howls came through the cave. Caleb stood, aching, and saw two more of the wolfs arrive, snarling and vicious.
"Those are, wolves, Cairne wolves." Caleb worried, he'd read up on these wolves in his studies, they were normally brutal but for the past few years have been acting strange.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:11 pm

"Sinnsro du selv meg frakt , jeg komme her over i ro. Aksje din hulen med meg frakt og Jeg , din slag er bekjent til deres gjestfrihet vil ikke du gjøre oss ensom fremmede en robust?" Yeorl asked the Wolves in a different language, as he cautiously put his Axe back in its resting position.
"I'll translate for you. I said to them.. Calm yourself my freinds, I come here in peace. Share your cave with my freind and I, your kind is famous for your hospitality won't you do us lonely strangers a solid?" Yeorl explained to Caleb.
The large front wolf who had a stripe of white fur running down his back gave a few less agressive sounding barks.
"I'm sorry, Pyrdanian we did not realise you were one of the Beast tongue. Please let us share our home with you." Yeorl translated.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:23 pm

"Wow, I didn't know you could do that."
Caleb settled down, and put his sword back."That was amazing." I need something to eat.
He picked up the bread roll and watched as the wolves backed off slowly, back to their homes. He wondered why Yeorl would know such things, and asked.
"Why do you know wolf-speak?"
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:34 pm

"Ah, well my people all kno-knew.. It.." Yeorl said distantly as he trudged off deeper into the cave.
"Wait White one, I must speak with you." Yeorl called after the wolf as it walked off.
The wolf turned around and looked at Yeorl with intelligent eyes sensing the questions he would ask.
"You are the last of your people, just as we are the last sane of our kind. I will help you child for your mission carries far more importance then you could possibly imagine." The Wolf barked back at Yeorl who understood completely, however Caleb just looked on dumb founded.
"Great white wolf, the Earth Mother told me of a great disturbance do you possibly know what she was speaking of?" Yeorl asked the Wolf curiously.
"Yeorl was it? Yes, I cannot say precisely what it was the Earth Mother spoke of for she speaks see's things differently then her children. But I heard some men speaking of something in the Sunderedlands that resonated with me. You should keep following this road till you come apon the town of Bellhurst and see what help you can recieve there." The Wolf replied as he walked off until he was completely in the darkness.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:43 pm

"Sooo, I'm just going to assume he said something important." Caleb asked.
Caleb stood, and searched in his own brown bag, remembering something once forgotten. He found rations, bandages, a magic book, and something, that looked like a pendant of bone carved into a helmet with horns, there was something engraved on it.
Caleb realized why he was taking that road, he was going somewhere to get this read. He was sent by King Durand. The bone was from some 'great beast' but Caleb was not told of what. -"Here, can you read this?" Caleb asked, handing it to Yeorl.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:54 pm

"Strange that you should bring this by me, it truely was fate that we met on this road here today." Yeorl said observing the relic.
"This is a pendant that most likely belonged to a Pyrdanian Druid but what it is doing all the way out here off Island is beyond me lad." Yeorl said as he rubbed the dust off of the letters and attempted to read the ancient engraving.
"Oh dear, this is very important indeed.. Infact.. My name is written on here and this.. This is very old indeed. It seems to be part of some prophecy!" Yeorl exclaimed excited at the new developments.
"We're to head to some.. Well the name is etched out by age, but it is very clear about there being some hidden temple to the Earth Mother here." Yeorl said reading the pendant.
"Thankyou for your help freind, I will be needing this pendant however. I wish you the best of luck on your travels but this is where we split paths." Yeorl stated as he packed up his things and prepared to leave the cave.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Caleb heard Yeorl say his goodbye why trying hard to remember something else. Then he jumped to his bag and opened his magic book, it was just a normal magic book, mainly about curative magic. But then something fell out of the pages, a list of instructions used as a bookmark, he did not hesitate to grab his effects and chase after his armor-clad friend.
"Wait! King Durand has sent me on this quest, so I assure you, I will be coming with you." Caleb started to wonder if he was making a large mistake, after all, Yeorl was a masterful fighter and no doubt knew the wilds better then he did. This did not stop him.
"You're not getting rid of me."
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:10 pm

"Heh, so you would like to accompany me on my quest eh lad?" Yeorl laughed as he stopped to chat with his new found freind.
"So be it mate, I was never one to turn down aid especially now when I need it most." Yeorl explained.
The two stood there for a good 30 seconds in silence.
"But to be honest lad.. I don't have the slightest Idea where this temple is." Yeorl said a little embarassed.
"Where should we go from here, I mean you're the local are you not?"
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum