Blue Book Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wanderer.

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Wanderer. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wanderer.

Post  Caleb Ilano Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 pm

"I don't think this is Darasum is it? I hail from there" Caleb pondered for a moment. "We should find some local town then" Caleb looked around outside for a moment. "Well, there's a river over yonder, towns tend to be built by sources of water."
Caleb waited for Yeorl's response.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Gold Gold : 600

Character sheet
Level: 4
Next Level:
The Wanderer. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue21/100The Wanderer. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)
Morality: Hero

http://bluebookchronicles.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:05 am

"Yeah this is Darasum where else would this be?" Yeorl asked laughing, but then again of course the man had just been unconcious.
"I guess we should head through that forrest right next to the river and follow it until we find anything that could elp' eh?" Yeorl suggested.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Gold Gold : 450

Character sheet
Level: 2
Next Level:
The Wanderer. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue102/300The Wanderer. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)
Morality: Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:34 am

So the two followed the river for what seemed like days, but were only hours, and pretty soon hours turned to weeks. The river soon turned into a marsh. The sky turned into haze. And the trees grew four times the size.
"Yeorl, I think I know where we are." Caleb had read of this place in his studies, but had never thought it really existed.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:
The Wanderer. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue21/100The Wanderer. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:38 am

"Where be we? I have never set foot apon the mainland, this is my first trip to these lands." Yeorl said a little embarassed and a tad lost.
"Are we goin the right way lad?" Yeorl asked hoping Caleb would shed some light on the situation as he awkwardly shuffled forward.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:
The Wanderer. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue102/300The Wanderer. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:32 pm

"These, are the translucent mists." Caleb responded, shuddering. "It rests in between the mountains and Axony. Many have said it to be untrue." Caleb had no sure way to get out of here, but something told him otherwise.
"You said you were looking for a temple or shrine to gaia correct?"

Last edited by Caleb Ilano on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:14 pm

"Aye, we must find this shrine of the Earth Mother, most likely she placed the knowledge in our path as a test of our strength and determination. If we get there surely we can seek Audience with her.. Surely.." Yeorl trailed off as a peculiar green mist began to seize the two travelers.
The Mist grew to the hight of the tallest tree.
"What.. What could this be?" Yeorl asked drawing his axe cautiously incase some danger were to come.
A figure in gleaming green armor riding a horse in green barding emmerged from the fog with his sword drawn.
"Hail!" The Knight beckoned.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 am

Caleb looked at the large looming translucent figure in the mist, it was very intimidating, because he knew exactly what it was. It was a nightmarish encounter that Caleb hoped would never happen to him.
-"Is that who I think it is?" Caleb asked Yeorl as he carefully drew his sword.
-"Knight!, what are the stakes?"
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:35 am

"Your-Maiden-I-challenge-you-to-a-Melee-for-your-Maiden-Duke!" Cried the Knight in a hollow whispery metallic voice that was almost as old as the forrest itself, except it bled insanity and loss.
"Ah, it.. It must be the Green Knight." Yeorl said to Caleb has he prepared himself.
"You-will-never-defeat-me-Duke-and-your-Maiden-will-be-mine,-I'm sorry-that-it-must-come-to -this-but-for -hame-on-my-house-I-will-love-her-more-then-you-ever-could!" Shouted the Knight as he raised his Sword in challenge and his horse reared a hellish sound and began to charge.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:59 am

Caleb dived out of the way of the knighs first charge, landing his leg on a stone. He sttod up from his fall as the knight ook a turn and ran back for a secon charge.
-"Heard of any cases where this guy lost?" Caleb asked while diving out of the was again. He wasn't going to win by simply avoiding him. In this situation, however, winning did not just mean defeating him. He jumped out of the way and struck the knight's horse in the neck. Ramming his sword deep n, and having it pulled away from his hands by the momentum.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:01 am

"Not that I know of Lad." Yeorl stated grimly as he charged the rearing horse now enraged from the toothpick in its neck.
"OOF!" Shouted Yeorl as he was kicked flying by the Horses feet.
"Oh y're goin to get it now Orse'" Yeorl said spitting out a Mouth full of Blood as he ran to the horse as fast as he could cleaving its head off with a Mighty Blow from his Axe.
The Horse let out a ghostly scream that echoed across the forrest as it disapated into green mist revealing the Lone Knight on his feet as if he had never just fallen off a Horse.
"Duke-You-testtt-testt-test-my-patience-Duke!" Cried the Knight in an Insane Rage, he charged Forward smacking Yeorl right in the face with a mighty bash from his shield.
Yeorl fell to the ground with a great THUD. Now unconcious.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:24 am

Caleb gasped, seeing his downed comrade. He had to smarten up. He pulled out his utility knife, and ducked a swing. When he stood back up he tried to ram the blade into the knight's chest, but missed as the knight back-stepped. Caleb did have time however to grab the aether shield from the knight, somehow vanishing in his hands.

"Your-fate-will-will-be-mine-to-dec-decide-DUKE!" The knight prepared a vicious swing.

Caleb jumped away from a swing of the knight's blade, and landed next to his sword. He grabbed it, still laying on the ground, anticipating his doom.
"And-I-I-decide-d-de-DEATH!"
He swung his mighty blade, Caleb rammed his rapier into his opponent.

"I d- did it!" Caleb cheered, bleeding from his very recent chest wound. But that was okay, the knight was gone.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 am

"You've passed, Child do you walk the path?" A Mighty ancient voice whispered gently on the breeze posing the question to Caleb and Yeorl, the latter of whom was on the ground unconcious most likely with a concusion.
"For my Lady is waiting and your Mother does not like to be kept." The Voice stated as it seemed to drift closer.

The Green missed cleared revealing a small old man wrabbed in a blanket holding the Knights cloak and shield.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:44 am

"Sorry Yeorl, this seems important." He said to the unconscious man.
He slowly approached the old man. His heart was racing, and he didn't know what to say. So instead of talk, he bowed on one knee. Waiting for the man to utter an order.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 am

"Haha, No child I'm the one honoured to be among one of the People, and such a gracious young man aswell. Arise child I come as a freind not as a master. Share yourself unto me and I will share what I can with you." Said the Oldman joyfully laughing as he handed the gifts of the Green Knight to Caleb.
"Now close your eyes child and I will bring you to her, the lady has noticed your deeds and attempts to find her." The Old man said as he used his two fingers to close the eyes of Caleb.
"Make your peace, and your wish and we will soon be there." Ervon said smiling.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:00 am

Caleb kept his eyes shut. He tried to blank his mind. It didn't work. He was worrying about Yeorl. He needed to clear his mind.

He awoke.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeorl awoke in an ancient rooms strung with vines and flowers of every sent and colour, the place was built of a stone that has long been lost from the world aposed to the arrayed sanctuarys of the wild and ancient stone halls of the Dwarves. The entrance was way's off even miles down the corridor how he had gotten here he had no recollection, just a vague feeling of pain spread through his mind in an instant reminding him of the blow to the face he had taken from the Knights shield.
It was definetly impossible for Caleb to have dragged him all the way here, infact the idea of him defeating a Warrior of such renown as the Green Knight seemed pretty unbelieveble aswel.
Yet there he stood off to the left of a sprawled Yeorl kneeling with the Green knights cloak wrapped around his shoulders and his eye's shut tight as if in fear.
"Ugh-urhnghwhere?" Yeorl quietly moaned realising his head was too sore to make out proper words.
"Silence child and rest, the Lady wishes to speak with you and all your wounds and ailments will be healed. Open your eyes young Sir.Knight." Ervon gently stated.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Caleb opened his eyes and saw around him a beautiful palace. Although, not necessarily a palace so much as a wonderful grove of ruins. Birds were singing, water was flowing. And more importantly, an earth angel was guiding him somewhere.

"You, you are Ervon, and the lady is Gaia, earth mother. I shall speak to her."
Caleb followed Ervon down through a pathway of flowers to some place that resembled an outside wedding. There was a beautiful, timeless looking woman siting at the 'alter' watching over a waterfall, looking away from the pair.

She turned silently to look at them, holding a small dove in her lap.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:47 am

Yeorls' heart exploded in his chest, almost. As his eyes laid upon the most beautiful woman he had ever seen wearing a gown made entirely of moss and hemp her hair shimmered as she turned her head upon them like leaves in the fall gently being pushed out of the way by a bird nestling in the tree.
Her eyes were that of Rubys' a bright gentle red that screamed intelligence and power, aswell as wisdom and benevolence.
Her smile could melt mountains and her skin was as smooth as a marble slab, and her voice as gentle as the brush of a loving cat against your leg.
He had finally lived his life to its most imporant moment, he had lain his eyes on the Woman whom had driven his devotion and dreams piously there stood Gaia his true mother and those of all he loves right in front of hi,. Now what was he going to do.
"Ah, Caleb and Yeorl I have watched you two for years. Each of you have made fine Men of yourselves and have lived up to your end of the bargain, sharing life and joy with all those you could. But would I have one thing of you, could you do this one thing for me?" Asked Gaia gently as she gave the Dove a stroke and then held out her hands and watched smiling as it flew from her only to perch on a nearby Rose Bush.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:57 am

Caleb fell to his knees. He was getting a task from the earth-mother. I can't mess this up, when gods get into things, events take place that change the world." He asked himself if he'd ever dreamed of something this; glorious.
"Anything, my god."
He then knew it was going to be something big and difficult to fulfill.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:58 am

"Arise my Children, I must warn you. Your thoughts are right Caleb, they don't betray you. This will be hard and arduous but many a life will be saved by the deeds I ask of you." Warned Gaia as her smile turned into a frown of pity and guilt, she stebbed forward and tapped each one of the two men on the heads.
Whom instantly felt impowered, estranged and envigorated.
"My children with this blessing the children of the wild will see your green thumb and know that all your intentions will be true, however the same can't be said about those who follow my Love Meirn or.. Our son." Gaia said as she shooed Ervon off.
"I'd have of each of you one thing, it may sound simple but the truth is it is a very difficult task that Ervon has spent years trying to complete. You may not even be the only ones searching for her but I need you to find Narlu the Great White Bear. How or where she is or could be is beyond me but finding her will prove once and for all you are worthy of being my chosen, infact you will most definetly need the aid of Narlu for any of this to work in the first place." Instructed Gaia as she sat down apon the ledge of her fountain.
"Now ask two things of me, two questions each."

Last edited by Yeorl Oakenleaf on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Caleb thought long and hard. He had a chance to receive any knowledge he wished.

"Tell me, these two questions have been getting to me."
Caleb stood. Motionless, looking into the god's eyes, and asked.
"Do you believe that we will succeed in this quest?
He waited for an answer.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:38 pm

A great deal of strain appeared on Gaias face, but not as if she were carrying a great burden but stressed out from a deep inner thought that plagued her conscious mind.
"I believe you will succeed. However, even I can't be sure when it comes to the Dread. Even the Gods have to turn to Hope sometimes. Your success is not hightened by my belief in how capable you are, but whether or not you believe you are capable." Gaia stated.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:58 pm

Caleb nodded slowly."I see." He looked at the god of earth, contemplating, wondering if they had real hope for their land. He needed not to know the answer to the next question, so he gestured for Yeorl to accompany him away.

"My last question for you."He started as he was turned away and starting to leave. He knew how this was going to play out, the continent was going to go through hard times. Not even the gods could prevent this alone.

"Do you believe that Darasum will survive the coming fire?"

He asked, and left, taking Yeorl with him.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeorl and Caleb exited the Temple upon exiting they found themselves at the edge of the Forrest, Yeorl looked back over his shoulder for one final glance at the beautiful ancient place where his life had truly met its climax. However no temple was to be seen, it was gone.
"Aye, we must be gettin' to findin' that Bear." Yeorl said distant lost in contemplative thoughts of whether or not they were going to succeed but mostly whether or not he was going to see Gaia again.
The two began their walk out towards a small settlement nestled on a hill clear to the eye off in the distance.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:08 pm

The pair traveled for the next hour, arriving at twilight to the settlement.
"Take a look at that." Caleb soaked up the magical feeling of this place, so much life was emanating from the town.

They entered, seeing many different species living harmoniously. Elven children playing with their dwarfish counterparts. "Should we ask around?"
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum