Blue Book Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ruins of Bellhurst

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ruins of Bellhurst

Post  Caleb Ilano Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Finn looked at the unconcious "orc" a bit bewildered, he grabbed a rope from the still fearful horse and started tieing the limbs of the wilderkin in restraints. "Why did you attack us, friend?" He asked quietly of the unconcious beast.

"Thank you, both." McAlney gestured to Loras for saving him, then reluctantly to the Stitcher stitching his arm. Non magical solutions for wounds hurt, he decided. He, with his good arm, reached into his pouch and found a small herb which he bit into. It was spicy then sweet, and it alleviated some of his pain. "What are the normal Wilderkin-" he coughed "Normal ones like?"

Jay walked ahead of the group a bit. "I think we should make camp soon!" He shouted down the road. "Some place bear proof hopefully!" He added, this time sounding just as serious as he did comical.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Gold Gold : 600

Character sheet
Level: 4
Next Level:
The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue21/100The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)
Morality: Hero

http://bluebookchronicles.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:12 pm

"Well they're fairly normal as far as Wilderkin go, they're not the kind I'd have like to run into- nor expected to. It is getting dark but I suggest we get as far from here as possible, travelling during the night will be safer. You can bet that there'll be more of them." Loras explained as he cast a leg over the side of his horse and mounted up. Spurring his horse on past the carnage and group as they followed suit, he began the lengthy process of reloading his pistol. I'm never going to get to use this twice in one fight.

"What surprises me the most is what they're doing so far from the expanse, I've only ever encountered their kind once and even then they were nowhere near this.. Frenzied."
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Gold Gold : 450

Character sheet
Level: 2
Next Level:
The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue102/300The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)
Morality: Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Everett Dealer Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 am

As Loras began to ride off, Stitcher mentally admonished him for leaving the troop to their own devices. He knows the land best, he should give us a little more direction. Oh well, I guess that means i get to take control.Sititcher whistled to get the attention of the group. "Okay. Jay and Finn, can get that creature onto the back of my horse. If she doesn't like it make her eat this, it will calm her down." he said, handing them a large pill.
As they rushed to do Stitcher's bidding, he turned to McAlney and gave him a jar of paste. "Rub this where it hurts and your wound will be healed by morning. I know it's not as fast as magic, but it won't interfere with yours. But don't rub it where it isn't needed, and don't ingest any of the common pain-relieving herbs. They might have an adverse reaction with the paste." That last part was a lie, but Stitcher had seen him take a pain-herb earlier and was annoyed that McAlney hadn't asked first. "Until it does heal, stay off your horse. In fact it's probably not a good idea to be riding at night in a strange place anyway."
The brothers had finished loading the orc onto Stitcher's horse, so they mounted up and Stitcher guided his horse by the reins. They all followed Loras into the night.

Last edited by Everett Dealer on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Everett Dealer
Everett Dealer

Gold Gold : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:06 am

"I suggest then that you direct this concern to Loras, as I am not the one at the head of the group." McAlney retorted Stitcher. He also noted "I have taken a pain numbing herb, so unless you tell me the adversness of these effects I shall avoid the salve on your word." He had no reason to be dishonest, as he did not have a mastery of unmagical curative methods and he did not want anything impairing his abilities.

He walked on with his horse behind him, in between the brothers.
"It's very dark now, Loras, should we stop soon?" Finn asked the leader of the group, who seemed rather distant.
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:
The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue21/100The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 am

The weary party sore from their saddle strain continued on, Loras ignored the fact that the wandering apothecary had captured one of the Wilderkin. He knew it would only mean trouble but Loras let him have his strange wish. Let's be honest, if we don't end up finding trouble on this road, it'll find us. Thought Loras resigned to the fact; he knew this lot was more than capable with dealing with it's own trouble.

"Yes, we can stop here. I think we've travelled far enough, let's set up camp there in that copse by the side of the road." Loras instructed as he dismounted his tired pony.

The group setting up a small fire in between the tree's settled down for their camp as the twins began to cook a meagre meal. Steven lay down a little bit awkward with his movements due to the numbing herb. All the while Stitcher worked about examining the Orc.
"So, Stitcher, why not tell us what brought you all the way out here in the first place? " Loras asked desperately trying to create some form of conversation, the atmosphere of the party was exhausted but a little bit on edge. But the man was too busy and the question was left hanging and ignored.
"You know, the last time I was travelling these roads was with my father on official sheriff duty. If I'm not mistaken just a few miles from here lies an Innhouse. Now my father he's a comely man but not one due for attraction, so he decided to take one of the wenches to bed with him." Loras began telling a story, smirking as he attempted to liven the group up.
"I met the whore myself before he gave me the room key to my own bed. She was a very pretty little delicate thing and followed him sheepishly eagerly awaiting the terrible business to be over I'm sure. The one thing I remember the most is being woken up by a shrill shriek like that of a woman, I thought surely that it must've been my father attacking the poor girl for god knows what reason. So I burst into the room and found that the girl he'd hired was actually a man. The Innkeeper was so sorry about this that he made our stay free." Loras finished smiling, amused with the tale, he knew his father would be angry, for having been told.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:
The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue102/300The Ruins of Bellhurst - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (102/300)

Back to top Go down

Post  Everett Dealer Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:01 am

As evening turned to night and the others retreated to their dreams, Stitcher remained animated and wide awake. He gave McAlney a different jar of the same salve and told him this one would not be effected by any herbs he might have eaten but might not be as effective as the other. He them returned to examining the Wilderkin. The next morning the others were quick to notice two things. First, Stitcher was awake before any of them and in a better mode then any had see him. Second, the Wilderkin was nowhere in sight. Once every one was awake, Sticher proceeded to make an announcement. "I have discovered why the Wilderkin we encountered where so much more ferocious them is typical for their species. All orcs, civilized or wild, have a part of the brain I call the Inhibitor. The Inhibitor allows the orc to control their emotions and primal instincts. The larger the Inhibitor, the greater self-control the orc has. Naturally, wild orcs have small Inhibitors, while half of civilized orcs' brains are Inhibitor." Stitcher was now entirely absorbed in his speech, oblivious to the reactions of his audience, which ranged from fascination, to "get to the point" stares.
"Now, as to our guest, and presumably his compatriots, had no Inhibitors. I can't tell how they were removed but removed they were."
"And were is our 'guest' now?" Jay inquired. "I'm here to study the native species of Belhurst, not answer your questions of theology. For that, you will need a priest." replied Stitcher as he got up and began to prepare to get moving once again.
Everett Dealer
Everett Dealer

Gold Gold : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Caleb Ilano Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 pm

"Well what is that supposed to mean?!" Jay asked, he stood up straight facing Stitcher attempting but failing to impose a sense of demand. Due to his stature compared to Stitcher he instead looked like a confused, dejected child.
Finn leaned in to whisper something into Jay's ear. Jay turned in shock to look at Frank then shortly understood the situation. The man had obviously killed the thing, after all, he opened it's brain, right?

McAlney simply packed up his things as he felt in his arm a low burning ache, still not very usable for spell casting but he always had his right arm. He looked around where they had camped, seeing the deep wood they had found their way into, he wasn't sure where the way back to the road was. Surely Loras does.
He took a short walk around the camp , seeing above the trees the clouds that were boiling with the sorrow of the skies. He donned his hood and continued his walk. He saw a large stone sitting over a hill, it was almost a perfect slab, prime to fit a large Orc upon and slaughter it. The face of the slab seemed cleared, almost polished, but there was a blemish of red in the grasses just off the edge. He pondered looking down the hill, which he could see led to a body of water, but decided otherwise, not wanting to discover anything gruesome.
McAlney walked back to the group, the rain now well alive. Finn and Jay were on seperate horses, he shot them a look of condemnation with his eyes, knowing he'd be forced to double up with somebody. The other two would probably be ready and rearing to go. Stitcher didn't look to have a hood, but he seemed not to be worrying about the rain, either too preoccupied with his thoughts or perhaps he enjoyed the cold embrace of the water.

Finn directed this specifically to Loras: "So where are we going... Sir?"
Caleb Ilano
Caleb Ilano
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeorl Oakenleaf Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Loras looked up at the cloudy sky, he had always hated the rain. He never knew why though, I suppose it's because of what it could do to a good leather suit. He thought to himself amused.
"Well, our plans haven't changed - but I won't lie to you. We're being followed, when I took watch last night I saw a pair of eyes just below the ridge over there." Loras explained as he pointed towards a low embankment.
"It's the orcs, no one else it could possibly be and worst of all they've got a witch doctor with them. This isn't natural rain." He demonstrated how he could tell by pointing them towards the road where instead of puddles being formed the droplets just spread out.
"It'll gradually intensify, they're going to try and force us into cover."
Loras hitched his pack over his shoulder, gave a brief stretch and cast an annoyed look upon where they were making breakfast. He quickly saddled up and began continuing on the road.

As they rode on the land around them began making the transformation to moor; and the trees became twisted gnarled shadows of those some of the other travelers had been acquainted with. Loras noted that the Orcs who had been tracking them for days would not follow them into the moor.
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Yeorl Oakenleaf
Admin

Character sheet
Next Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2